Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year's Resolutions...

Okay, so the New Year brought a lot of positive feelings and anticipation of healthy pursuits.  Now the reality sets in...my muscles hurt, I have pain where I didn't even know I had parts!  The early mornings are no longer met with a leisurely cup of coffee but with a "get your hiking shoes on, we have to go" from my husband.  (I'm not so sure I like him anymore.)  I'm sure I had an old army injury (although I was never in the military) cause it really does bother me now.  My back hurts, I have blisters on my feet, bruises on my legs and I tend to smell more like a men's gym bag than a sexy, middle-aged lady.  I didn't even know I had sweat glands.  Somehow I always thought I was born without any.  There aren't enough showers in a day to counteract the effects of the workouts the old boy puts me through.  Did I mention that he's beginning to resemble Simon Cowell from American Idol...never satisfied with the effort expended, always wants more.  Well, I was just checking in, it's my free day so I'm going back to bed.  If I survive I'll try to post more later this week.  For now my fingers still work, but I'm sure he will think of some exercise that will take care of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment