Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm Back...And There's Beauty in the World!

This summer has been a very challenging one for me.  There has not seemed to be enough time to pursue my artistic endeavors as my ordinary life kept getting in the way.  I'm sorry I have not had enough time to keep my postings up.  To try and make up for this lapse, I have decided to share some of my favorite artists with you.  To begin, let me say that I belong to an online group of watercolor artists organized by Susie Short.  This is a group of wonderful accomplished artists and developing artists from all over the world.  If any of you are interested in such a group you can find them at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WatercolorWorkshop/

My first "Favorite Artist" is Ruth Bodycott.  Ruth has a wonderful style to her work.  While she is an accomplished portrait painter she also reaches out to design and paint the unexpected.  Please take a moment to visit her site and take a look at her work.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  With her permission I am posting a couple of her recent paintings.  I think she is a wonderfully creative painter and highly recommend you visit her site:  ruthswatercolors.shutterfly.com/
Since Ruth depicted such a beautiful rendition of wild growing lupine, I decided to close this post with a photo from my past.  I am an avid gardener, who loves flowers of all kinds, especially those that come back year after year to embrace us with their beauty.  Here is one of my flower gardens from the past.  These are giant lupin and they were awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Coni, so glad you are back. Hey, wow, you totally surprised me with this post. Thanks for your kind words and the reference. Wow, you've knocked my socks off! But I so appreciate this.
    Your lupines are fantastic. I just painted a Prince Edward Island landscape with these in the foreground because they grow gigantic there also and are wild flowers in abundance along the highway. It's on my blog and website. I love it that you are a flower person. We have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete