Tuesday, December 27, 2011

When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain...the Sun can't be far behind!

I finally completed the set of leaded glass windows for my son and daughter-in-law (Chris and Kari) as their 'late' anniversary gift.  I created the original sun design window to pair with the moon window Chris received for his birthday.  The pair fill a double kitchen window and complete the remodel of their compact kitchen.  They have utilized every square inch of storage space in the small room (note the shelf above the windows).


By the way, as a child I remember watching Kate Smith's t.v. show with my Mother.  Kate sang the song 'When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain' at the opening of each show.  Seemed an appropriate title for this posting.  Hope you are all enjoying the final countdown to the new year.

4 comments:

  1. Stop by and wish Johanna a Happy Birthday on Tuesday, December 27!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by yesterday to wish Johanna Happy Birthday.

    You said you could not get to my blog. You are not missing much as I have not been active with it. But here is the link just in case you want to take a look.

    http://iowagrasslands.blogspot.com/

    I noticed you said you were raised in Iowa. What part of the state are you from?

    I plan to return to your blog so I can take some time to look it over. Looks most interesting.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. this is amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful gift!
    I notice you haven't made use of the yellow color,and rightly so ; Yellow would have been too obvious and competed with the real sun and moon. The color of blue is considered one that brings luck into the house. So, best of Luck to Chris and Kari!

    Happy New Year to you and yours! (Thanks for your kind words on my last post).

    ReplyDelete