Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A New Approach...

Fall is here and the chill morning air begins me thinking about this year's celebration of Christmas.  Like everyone else we are affected by the economy so the thought of shelling out hard earned dollars for a bunch of shabbily made junk in the spirit of saying 'Hey, we are thinking of you' seems wrong.  So, after attending a neighborhood garage sale this past weekend and finding some beautiful old handmade items, I began to think about how I could save some money and still gift my loved ones special one-of-a-kind items they might actually enjoy.  The more I thought, the more it felt like the right thing to do.  I suppose it was a bit of my own personal Patriotism, my version of WW-II's Victory Gardens.  I don't have a plot of land to plant with veggies and flowers but I do have an option of spending our money wisely.  So, this is my declaration to those who are on my Christmas List, I will be carefully choosing gently used and handmade items for each and every one of you for this Holiday Season.  Please know ahead of time that this is done with love in my heart and a satisfaction of knowing I have devoted my time and energy on each and every one of you.  Perhaps some of you might like to do the same.  Just think about it--by doing this one simple thing we can put our dollars into pockets of people who need it and reward our fellow man for recycling instead of disposing of still useable items.  It's a win/win situation.  We all still have time to get this done and by the way, it's FUN!

Let me know what you think.


1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with this concept. Seems like the right thing to do and the right time to do it.

    ReplyDelete