Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sophia WIP 3...

Still no snow, but I did find some time to work on Sophia's painting.  This is not the final.  There are still some shadows to put in and I'm not happy with the tree yet.  Thought I would give you all a chance to comment before I go any further.  The one part of the painting that I thought was going to be so simple (the tree) has proven to be the most challenging.  I did it with detail and liked it but it detracted from Sophia.  Then I wiped it out and didn't like that.  Now I'm putting more detail in, but not as much as at first.  I will have to finish soon since I hope to have this finished for Christmas.

The weather forecasters are predicting snow for us by Tuesday so my fingers are crossed.


1 comment:

  1. THE PAINTING WILL BE A LOVELY GIFT, AND I'M SURE SOPHIA WILL LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete