Thursday, October 6, 2011

Nothing Ventured...

This year represents a first for me.  Friends suggested I enter some of my paintings in the Spokane Interstate Fair.  I have to admit in all the years I have pursued my art, I have never attempted such an undertaking.  Since I consider myself a 'professional' this was the category I entered my four submissions into.  Wonders never cease and I came away with three First Place Blue Ribbons and one Red Second Place Ribbon.  In addition, my work won the Purple Best of Category rosette.  I have to admit that I am not only honored by the experience, but looking forward to next year when I can share more of my favorite works.  To everyone out there who have participated in one of our oldest community events and have received ribbons I say "Congratulations".


1 comment:

  1. Wow Coni! That is super good news. Congratulations. Do you have photos of the paintings you submitted, and would you share them with us? I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete