Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Early Mornings from the Past...

Carol posted some lovely photos of her skies today and it reminded me of these offerings.  It's been about four years since they were taken, but I love the weather that was moving across the skies.  The photos were taken early in the morning so the lighting is not as good as it could be.  They are taken from our patio at our home in the mountains above Rio Rico, AZ.  I hope you enjoy them.  Oh, just so you know, I have also posted a photo of a snow we had that same year.  My husband shot this one while I was away visiting children.  It does snow in southern Arizona.  Okay, so I had to include a sunset...




4 comments:

  1. Love the dark and dramatic skies. And the snow reminds me of of the sets in Doctor Zhivago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People seem to be fascinating by the skies; there are lots of pictures in blogs depicting blue skies, cloudy skies, stormy skies, grey-dark skies ec.. I greatly like your picture of snow in Arizona.

    I think it's a good thing to document the elements of nature, because who knows what's going to happen to them and to us in the near future with all this curse of global warming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willow,
    Thanks for visiting. I do love the elements of nature, especially stormy skies, but my first love is snow. I know many people dread winter, but I love the solitude that accompanies snow (especially in the mountains). I imagine Willow Manor is quite wonderful during the winter season. From what I've seen of your home, you have a true knack for decorating. I enjoy my visits to your blog. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duta,
    I agree that we need to be more aware of our effects on our climates. I have always been fortunate to live where we have four distinct seasons and I cannot imagine life without them.

    I admit, I do have a penchant for skies, but I also love architecture, flowers, trees, water...you get the picture. I believe it's safe to say, I simply love life.

    ReplyDelete